Two clean water projects in QingHai province on the Tibetan Plateau in order to benefit the Tibetan herder community:
- Oct 2013 – Chetsa 1
- Apr-Oct 2015 – Chetsa 2
- Both projects were to reduce the need for women and children to travel distances of up to 15km to collect and return with fresh, clean water
- Chetsa 1 – lay pipe work from the existing mains source to several stand-pipes in the community, reducing the maximum journey to 5km
- Chetsa 2 – build and connect a 100 tonne water cistern to allow continuous, uninterrupted, clean water supply to the community throughout winter
- Direct health benefit to 2100 people and their herds
- Cessation of conflict between villages over water supply
- Maternal and child health improved dramatically due to sufficient water for cleanliness
- Economic development
How can you support?
No further support needed for this project.